Goodwill Industries of North Florida has proudly teamed up with the Girl Scouts of Gateway Council to help teach the importance of recycling and philanthropy with the Good Turn for Goodwill program. Every Girl Scout has the opportunity to earn a Good Turn patch and compete for individual and troop grand prizes! Please see below for details. This program runs from June 1 through October 31, 2018.
If you have ANY questions, do not hesitate to call Desi Pappas at 904-384-1361
HERE ARE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS YOU CAN REACH! (One patch per Scout will be distributed)
LEVEL 1 – THE BLACK BORDER PATCH
Every Scout who turns in FOUR or more 13-gallon bags OR copier boxes of donations between June 1 and October 31 will receive a Black Border Patch.
LEVEL 2 – THE SILVER BORDER TROOP PATCH
Every Scout who turns in 25 or more 13-gallon bags OR copier boxes of donations between June 1 and October 31 will receive a Silver Border Patch.
LEVEL 3 – THE GOLD BORDER COMMUNITY PATCH
Every participating Scout in the Troop with the most donated bags or boxes over all other Troops from June 1 to October 31st will earn a Gold Border Patch.
Any individual Scout can earn a Good Turn Rocker in lieu of an additional patch for consecutive years of participation with a minimum donation of 4 bags/boxes.
The individual Scout with the most bags or copier boxes of donations between June 1 and October 31, over all other Scouts, will receive a Prize Packet including:
A GOLD PATCH
A Pizza Party for their Troop
St. Augustine Alligator Farm Family 4-Pack
$50 Gift Certificate to Goodwill
Special Letter of Recognition
Certificate of Appreciation
How to Collect Donations
- Print out a donation form and complete it before taking your donation to a location. Tell the attendant you are participating in the Girl Scouts: Good Turn for Goodwill program and ask them to sign your donation form.
- Donations may be dropped off at any Goodwill Store or Donation Center
- Multiple visits are allowed
- Turn in donation forms to your Troop Leader by October 31, 2018
- PLEASE TURN IN YOUR PATCH ORDER NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 15. If the form is not working, please email totals to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WE DO NOT NEED THE FORMS YOUR SCOUTS TURN IN TO YOU. THESE ARE FOR YOUR RECORD KEEPING PURPOSES ONLY.