Goodwill Industries of North Florida has once again teamed up with The Boy Scouts of America – North Florida Council to help teach the importance of recycling and philanthropy with the Good Turn for Goodwill program. Every Scout has the opportunity to earn a Good Turn patch and compete for individual and troop grand prizes! Please see below for details. This program runs from January 1 to May 31, annually.
If you have ANY questions, do not hesitate to call Desi Pappas at 904-384-1361
HERE ARE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS YOU CAN REACH! (One patch per Scout will be distributed)
LEVEL 1 – THE BLACK BORDER PATCH
Every Scout who turns in FOURor more 13-gallon bags OR copier boxes of donations between January 1 – May 31 will receive a Black Border Patch.
LEVEL 2 – THE SILVER BORDER TROOP PATCH
Every Scout who turns in 25or more 13-gallon bags OR copier boxes of donations between January 1 – May 31 will receive a Silver Border Patch.
LEVEL 3 – THE GOLD BORDER COMMUNITY PATCH
Every participating Scout in the Troop with the most donatedbags or boxes over all other Troops from January 1 – May 31 will earn a Gold Border Patch.
Any individual Scout can earn a Good Turn Rocker in lieu of an additional patch for consecutive years of participation with a minimum donation of 4 bags/boxes.
The individual SCOUT with the most bags/copier boxes of donations between January 1 – May 31, over all other Scouts, will receive a Prize Packet including:
- A GOLD PATCH & Rocker
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm Family 4-Pack
- $50 Gift Card to Goodwill
- Letter of Recognition
- Certificate of Appreciation
The TROOP with the most bags/copier boxes of donations between January 1 – May 31 will receive a Pizza Party for the Troop.
How to Collect Donations:
- Print out the donation form and complete it befor taking your donation to a location. Tell the attendant you are participating in Good Turn for Goodwill and ask them to sign your donation form.
- Donations may be dropped off at any Goodwill of North Florida store or donation center
- Multiple visits are encouraged
- Turn in your forms to your Troop Leader by May 31.
Please turn in your patch orders no later than June 15.