Boy Scouts Good Turn for Goodwill
Goodwill Industries of North Florida has once again teamed up with The Boy Scouts of America - North Florida Council to help teach the importance of recycling and philanthropy with the Good Turn for Goodwill program. Every Scout has the opportunity to earn a Good Turn patch and compete for individual and troop grand prizes! Please see below for details. This program runs from January 1 to May 31, annually.
If you have ANY questions, do not hesitate to call Desi Pappas at 904-384-1361
HERE ARE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS YOU CAN REACH! (One patch per Scout will be distributed)
LEVEL 1 - THE BLACK BORDER PATCH
Every Scout who turns in FOUR or more 13-gallon bags OR copier boxes of donations between January 1 - May 31 will receive a Black Border Patch.
LEVEL 2 - THE SILVER BORDER TROOP PATCH
Every Scout who turns in 25 or more 13-gallon bags OR copier boxes of donations between January 1 - May 31 will receive a Silver Border Patch.
LEVEL 3 - THE GOLD BORDER COMMUNITY PATCH
Every participating Scout in the Troop with the most donated bags or boxes over all other Troops from January 1 - May 31 will earn a Gold Border Patch.
Any individual Scout can earn a Good Turn Rocker in lieu of an additional patch for consecutive years of participation with a minimum donation of 4 bags/boxes.
The individual SCOUT with the most bags/copier boxes of donations between January 1 - May 31, over all other Scouts, will receive a Prize Packet including:
- A GOLD PATCH & Rocker
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm Family 4-Pack
- $50 Gift Card to Goodwill
- Letter of Recognition
- Certificate of Appreciation
The TROOP with the most bags/copier boxes of donations between January 1 - May 31 will receive a Pizza Party for the Troop.
How to Collect Donations:
- Print out the donation form and complete it befor taking your donation to a location. Tell the attendant you are participating in Good Turn for Goodwill and ask them to sign your donation form.
- Donations may be dropped off at any Goodwill of North Florida store or donation center
- Multiple visits are encouraged
- Turn in your forms to your Troop Leader by May 31.
Please turn in your patch orders no later than June 15. Use the form at the bottom of this blog page.